WOLMinistries - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* WOLMinistries > Topics

Subject: HONORING GOD.
Replies: 0 Views: 354

wolm 15.01.11 - 07:54pm
HONORING GOD.
============/SS/bk2_1/

As children, don't we honor our parents? Or are you the type that do not honor your parents? As servants, do you listen to your master? Let me take your through what the Bible says about honoring our parents and those who are older to us.

=== To the CHILDREN: Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your God gives you. Exodus 20:12; Honour your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you; that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the LORD your God gives you. Deuteronomy 5:16; Every one of you shall revere his mother and father, and you shall keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:3
It is a command says the Word of God For God commanded, 'Honor you father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother let him surely die. Matthew 15:4
Ephesians 6:1-3 1. Children, obey your parents in the LORD, for this is right. 2. Honour your father and mother (this is the first commandment with a promise), 3. that it may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth.
=== To SERVANTS: A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. Matthew 10:24; Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ; not in the way of eyeservice as men-pleasers, but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from heart, rendering service with a good will as to the LORD and not to men, knowing that whatever good any one does, he will receive the same again from the LORD, whether he is a slave or free. Ephesians 6:6-8

From those parts of the Bible, we can read that it is a command, a law, a must and a shall to be obeyed. Also it is a right they deserve from us. As we read from the Bible, it is when we do this as children that it may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth. Ephesians 6:3.; Let all who are under the yoke of slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the Name of God and the teaching may not be defamed. Those who have believing masters our not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brethren; rather they must serve all the better since those who benefit by their service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge there duties. 1 Timothy 6:1-2
It is also a command, a must, a shall to be obeyed for the Word of God says, Servants, be sub to your masters with all respect, not only to the kind and gentle but also to the overbearing. 1 Peter 2:18 So as slaves and servants serving his earthly master the Bible says knowing that whatever good any one does, he will receive the same again from the LORD, whether he is a slave or free. Ephesians 6:8
And that is the Word of God to we the Children and servants.
=== Also I think I should let the olders- parents and earthly masters know what the Word of God requires of them. The Bible says:
To the PARENTS: ..........., do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the LORD. Ephesians 6:4; ............, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. Colossians 3:21
=== To the earthly masters: Masters, do the same to them, and forbear threatening, knowing that He who is both their Master and yours is in Heaven, and that there is no partiality with Him. Ephesians 6:9; Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in Heaven. Colossians 4:1

I think there is still one more set of people I should also do talk of. I should also bring to their knowledge what the Word of God commands of them if they have forgotten. These are the wives and husbands. The Bible says
=== To the WIVES: Wives be subject to your husbands, as to the LORD. Ephesians 6:22; To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you. Genesis 3:16; Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the LORD. Colossians 3:18

Also to the HUSBANDS here is the LORD'S Words as husbands: Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Colossians 3:19

So I believe you matter what your age is, and from what home you came from or what your possession might look like, you should be able to see yourself and where you think you belong to above. Someone might say, well I'm a leader and there is nothing above there for leaders. You seems to be right but I should make this clear to you now. I don't want to know what kind of place you lead or the nature of your leadership or things you lead over. One thing is clear still with you being a leader. It is either you are a child, a parent, and a master and with this you equally have elders to honour, children not to provoke, bringing them up in the discipline and instruction of the LORD and also have servants to treat justly and fairly knowing that you also have a Master in Heaven. So tell me how can any one with life in him escape to be judged with these lines of discipline which the Word of God wants us to walk in?

Okay then, if the Word of God wants us as children, parents, husbands, wives, masters and slaves to honour each other, not to provoke each other, love, submit, fair, justly and be obedient to one another, how much more to God our Creator and Heaven Father? This should be a big question. Ofcourse it is a big question that should keep on ringing in our ears and hearts.
No matter how old you are, you are stil a baby in the presence of God. We all are children in the eyes of the LORD. There is no way you can say you have grown old still you are a baby in the presence of God. If the old people many us here on earth whom we say of that they are old can call upon God saying My Father, how much more we little kids just few years old?
As children, parents, masters, servants, husbands and wives, practicing and abiding by these things which the Word of God tells us to do in honouring, loving, fairly, and faithful and obedient to each other, doing all these things to ourselves, we do them too to God. When we know how to honour our parents, obeying them and serving with a faithful heart surely honouring God won't be difficult likewise obeying His words and serving Him with a holy and faithful heart.

Many servants do not say they don't want to serve, work faithfully and obey their masters any more but their character and the way they behave does tells that is what they want. So also the behaviour of many ministers, youths- children, husbands and wives keep saying they do not want to serve God, that they don't want to follow His path of Holiness, accept His ordinance and make His standard their priorities.
Does the Name of the LORD matters to us today?
As Christians we are the priests of the LORD. God wants us to be a mouth piece for Him. The Bible says 'But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light. 1 Peter 2:9'
But do we truly know Him? Alot of Christians today keep disappointing God and make Him unhappy- dismay with their behaviour and the way the live their lives.
The moment you still wine and dine in your sin, there is no way you can Honour God. So whatever you think it is the sin in our lives, please let's take it off for the sake of Honour that One who is our Creator, the Almighty, He who when speaks and so be it, He who when He opens, who dears to shut and He who when He closes who dears to open. He is God.
Honouring God is not only when you and I are giving praises and worships to Him, but following His ordinance to the letter. What are the things keeping you from referencing God.

WOLMinistries- WORD OF LIFE MINISTRIES. God's word- changing lives to God. Building Hopes of Heaven in souls.
Email: wolm@prodigits.co.uk; wol_ministries@ymail.com
Tel.: +234 818 21 99 351; +234 802 66 44 373.
Website: wolministries.wapgroups.com; thetruechristians.wapgroups.com *

* WOLMinistries Forum

Search:
topics replies

* WOLMinistries

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits